How Anthony Reached His ACT Goal with MJ Prep
Anthony is an active student and three-sport athlete who attends a private school in Frisco, TX. He was diagnosed with ADHD in elementary school, dyslexia
Anthony is a good student, but his learning differences affect his study habits, focus during class, and academic motivation. When we first met for a free consultation, Anthony had already visited four selective universities and had a list of three more to tour.
How We Helped
- We met with Anthony and his parents to understand his academic background, interests, and future college goals.
- Since Anthony was approved for testing accommodations, we had him complete a diagnostic test with his accommodations to assess his strengths and weaknesses.
- Once we’d graded and processed Anthony’s test, we provided him with a plan of action outlining his current scores, scores he needed to reach his college goals, test recommendation, recommended test dates, and score goals for each phase of our plan.
- We assigned a tutor who was both a good personality fit for Anthony and experienced tutoring students with learning differences.
- Anthony met with his tutor once a week leading up to his test date.
- Anthony’s composite score improved by 5 points, which exceeded the goal we’d set for him by a full 2 points.
- He improved his English score by 7 points.
- He improved his Math score by 4 points.
- He improved his Reading score by 5 points.
- He improved his Science score by 5 points.
“During our initial consultation with Michael, he took time explaining his program and focused on Anthony’s college choices. After Anthony took a practice ACT test, MJ Prep developed a plan to help him achieve his ACT goals.
Before we decided to use MJ Prep, my initial fears were whether MJ Prep would tailor a plan based on Anthony’s practice scores and would he reach his target score. After the first session, I was immediately impressed. MJ Prep provided an organized notebook with all the materials needed. His tutor focused on Anthony’s target scores for each area tested on the ACT.
After a series of one on one sessions with his tutor, Anthony took the ACT. Not only did he reach his target on all areas, he actually surpassed his target by more than 6 points in some subjects. He was thrilled. MJ Prep successfully prepared Anthony for the ACT. They developed and most importantly implemented a plan tailored to Anthony. Using MJ Prep was a great decision. I would highly recommend their services.” – Jennifer