Who We Are
We’re a very diverse group at MJ Prep, but here’s what we all have in common:
We care. Our mission, to create educational opportunities for students and value for families, molds what we do. We focus on efficiency – anything that doesn’t further our mission doesn’t matter.
We develop. Expertise isn’t static. We’re constantly learning, evolving, and seeking to better meet the needs of our students even as the ACT and SAT change over time.
We love people. We’re in the service industry, and our greatest responsibility is to the people with whom we interact. We build relationships with families, create great experiences for students, and take care of each other.
We focus on results. Nothing matters unless we can provide our students with results.
We live across North DFW (Addison, Allen, Argyle, Carrollton, Coppell, The Colony, Dallas, Denton, Flower Mound, Frisco, Grapevine, Highland Village, Irving, Lake Dallas, Lewisville, Little Elm, Plano, Richardson, Southlake, etc.).
We’ve all scored in the top percentiles of the ACT and/or SAT and have tutored, mentored, or taught students one-on-one before work at MJ Prep.
We all have high E.Q. (Emotional Intelligence Quotient). We’re charismatic, professional, and teachable.
Sound like you? Here's what we offer:
Stable Stream of Students
You won’t have to post on Craigslist or tutor listing sites. We’ll provide you with students in your area who fit your teaching style.
Freedom and Flexibility
You can work 6-24 hours a week (typically 3-12 students) depending on your availability, which you have complete control over. We have a comprehensive scheduling system that allows you to set your own schedule.
Our directors are available nearly 24 hours a day to support our tutors. You can always set up “office hours” to ask educational questions, propose new ideas, or just chat!
Use Your Skills
None of our tutors have degrees in “ACT/SAT tutoring” – we have backgrounds in education, business, marketing, writing, music, arts, IT, etc. As a growing, evolving company, we LOVE using our tutors’ skills to foster that growth and development.
Our tutors are the faces of our company and the drivers of our success, and we want the best. Tutoring pay starts at $40/hr, and we have scheduled raises and opportunities for bonuses. We pay for training, admin time, curriculum development, and side projects. Don’t have a laptop or iPad to use? We’ll give you one.
- Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com detailing your ACT/SAT experience, past test scores, availability, and why you’re a great fit to work with us.
- If you’re a great fit for right now, we’ll schedule a phone interview. If not, we may keep your application on file for our next phase of hiring.
- We’ll schedule a Zoom interview.
- We’ll have you take a full-length ACT or SAT (unless you have recent official scores).
- We’ll complete a background check and reference/character check.
- You’re hired!
- You’ll likely complete self-paced online training and 10-20 hours of in-person observation and training (all paid).
- You’ll start with your first round of students 3-4 weeks after hire date.